The latest issue of Books for Keeps has just been published. The issue is a Christmas special and includes books of the year for 2013, an appreciation of the work of Michael Morpurgo, the best books for Christmas presents, 10 of the best books that introduce children to WWI as well as a very interesting article about the gendered marketing of books.
You can also sign up to be notified of future issues.
The front cover of the issue features the Song of the Golden hare by Jackie Harris which is now available in the Teaching Resources collection in FCH Library.
The Education Committee will hold the first evidence session in its inquiry following up on its 2012 report Great Teachers: Attracting, training and retaining the best, on Wednesday 17 July. The session will focus chiefly on proposals for a college of teaching. The session will be streamed online.
- Chris Pope, Co-Director, Prince’s Teaching Institute
- Professor Derek Bell, Professor of Education, The College of Teachers
- Lesley Saunders, Educationist, Visiting Professor, IOE
- NASUWT-Witness to be confirmed
- Peter Kent, Headteacher, Lawrence Sherriff School
- Anne Swift, Headteacher, Gladstone Road Infant School, Scarborough
- Dame Joan McVittie, Headteacher, Woodside High School
- David Weston, Chief Executive, Teacher Development Trust
The National Foundation for Educational Research (NFER) produce an excellent monthly On the Web current awareness publication which highlights recent reports, publications and useful documents from prominent educational research and children’s services-related organisations.
If you want to be alerted by email when new issues are available subscribe to their email update, nferdirect, and tick the On the Web box at the bottom of the form.