The National Foundation for Educational Research (NFER) produce an excellent monthly On the Web current awareness publication which highlights recent reports, publications and useful documents from prominent educational research and children’s services-related organisations.
If you want to be alerted by email when new issues are available subscribe to their email update, nferdirect, and tick the On the Web box at the bottom of the form.
Last week the Department for Education published a paper by Dr. Ben Goldacre on evidence-based practice in education. Goldacre is an advocate of randomised control trials to investigate the impact of interventions.
Goldacre, B. (2013) Building evidence into education.
The tool-kit covers:
- searching for literature
- using the internet to find educational research
- top research websites for teachers
- top websites for local authorities
- using web 2.0 for education research
- what to do with the results of your literature search
The tool-kit is freely available to download from the NFER web site.